Printers, profiles, plugins and papers.
Are you disappointed with the quality of your prints? Frustrated when your prints don’t match what you see on your monitor? Then our next event is for you!
Our May event will be all about printing your photos. We’ll be talking about:
– Printing from Lightroom and Photoshop
– Color Management, so what you get is actually what you see.
– Custom Paper Profiles to get the very best out of your printer.
– Matching your photo to a paper stock.
– Canon’s printing experts will demonstrate Canon’s excellent line of fine art photo printers.
– We also expect some local retail representatives to appear if you need advice choosing a printer.
We will also be having hands-on printmaking class in the coming months, so stay tuned for that if you want to get the most out of your printer.
The Canon Hollywood Professional Technology & Support Center
6060 W. Sunset Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028
Doors open at 6pm for snacks and conversation. Bring your Lightroom and photography questions and we’ll help you out. Let’s talk about what you’re shooting, and how. A Canon representative will be on hand to answer questions and demo selected Canon cameras and lenses, as well as their line of printers.
Presentation starts at 7pm:
There is street parking on Gower and Gordon Street: meter and free spots. No parking on Sunset Blvd. from 4-7pm, but it’s free after 7:00. If you’re transit oriented, the Metro Red Line Hollywood & Vine Station is less than a 1/2 mile away.
Thanks to Amy K. and Canon for sponsoring tonight’s meeting.
Admission is free, but we hope you’ll make a donation to keep LADIG alive.
Links for tonight’s event
Photo Friday screen calibrator
Bill Atkinson/Paul DuPont Test image
App Color Matching Info XML file (for Canon printers on Macintosh only) Follow installation instructions inside the zip archive.